Normal Topic pirastro Permanent (Read 7524 times)
Beppe

W questo FORUM!!!

pirastro Permanent
27.01.2004 at 11:10:24
Print Post Print Post  
Qualcuno ha mai usato queste corde ?

Beppe

IP Logged

vitoliuzzi
Ex Member

Re: pirastro Permanent
Reply #1 - 27.01.2004 at 13:34:15
Print Post Print Post  
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/cgi/dcspaul/getthread/5295?line=454#mark

Caro Beppe,
vista la tua eccellente conoscenza dell' Inglese, ti indico un sito degli amici della 2xbasslist dove troverai qualche notizia od impressione utile alla tua ricerca su queste corde. Sul mio strumento non le ho mai montate. Le ho provate solo su uno strumento di liuteria di un collega occasionale in orchestra. Lui aveva montato l' intero set e mi diceva che si trovava "relativamente" bene. La mia sensazione è stata poco positiva, ma lascia ovviamente il tempo che trova. E' una corda "troppo ibrida" ed eccessivamente "floscia" per un uso orchestrale. Per il Jazz, non mi sono sembrate migliori delle Obs nei pizzicati, anche se il sustain non è malaccio. Prendi queste mie osservazioni con le dovute cautele. Cmq., sul mio strumento non le monterei, specie la III e IV, figuriamoci l' intero set.

Ciao, Beppe.

Vito

IP Logged

vitoliuzzi
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 28.01.2004 at 12:03:45
Print Post Print Post  
Beppe, 
che idea ti sei fatto sulle Permanent!
Ne vale la pena spenderci dei soldi?

A presto

Vito

IP Logged

vitoliuzzi
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01.02.2004 at 16:37:47
Print Post Print Post  
Beppe, questo è ciò che ne pensa Klaus Stoll sulle Permanent. Questa potenza di suono di cui si parla, io personalmente non l' ho notata. Ma forse era lo strumento del collega che non andava !!

Vito

Klaus Stoll ha scritto sul sito Pirastro:
... You´ve sent me a 5-string Permanent set of your latest development. I needed some time to compare these strings in large concert halls with those from another manufacturer in France and strings of your own production.
Surprising how short the playing-in time, how little time I needed to get used (also my left hand) and to realize the capacity for more powerful projection and the utmost stability in tone was guaranteed achieving fortissimo with higher bow pressure.
Well, from my point of view I would like to say that I´ve nothing but praise for these new strings which will be successful in a modern orchestra (more as in chamber orchestra with baroque music or for classical solo literature). I thank you and I am sending my warmest greetings for the new millenium!

Yours Klaus Stoll.

IP Logged

Beppe

W questo FORUM!!!

Reply #4 - 02.02.2004 at 11:10:31
Print Post Print Post  
Al momento sto facendo un po' di prove, settimana prossima vi farò sapere.

Beppe

IP Logged

Beppe

W questo FORUM!!!

Reply #5 - 16.02.2004 at 11:58:17
Print Post Print Post  
Non sapevo se scrivere sul topic delle permanent o su quello delle Obligato, visto che le ho provate entrambe.

Lo strumento su cui le ho montate è abbastanza particolare. Tavola in Cedro, fondo e fasce in pioppo. Un o strumento da orchestra o da jazz, non certo da solista.

Alla fine la condizione migliore l'ho avuta montando sol e re obligato, la e mi permanent. Le corde acute permanent non suonavano, e anche le obligato basse erano piuttosto mosce.

comunque il timbro che ne è uscito è abbastanza bello. anche se in quanto a potenza niente a che vedere con le Spirocore che hanno una "castagna" ben diversa.

Per il pizzicato le permanent non sono molto adatte (almeno su questo strumento).

Beppe

IP Logged

vitoliuzzi
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 16.02.2004 at 13:14:05
Print Post Print Post  
Caro Beppe,
per tua curiosità riporto una e-mail che mi è giunta proprio adesso e che tratta proprio delle Permanents secondo il punto di vista di un contrabbassista che le ha provate. Credo che, in parte, si avvicini molto a quanto tu hai detto.

Ciao

Vito

"... i'll just sign off by saying that overall i like them, although they're not exactly what i expected from reading the ads.  they're kind of stiff. maybe just slightly stiffer than the weichs that they replaced.  but they have a slightly more mellow tone than the weichs for both arco and pizz... the marketing makes it sound like they're really soft.    they're on a crappy romanian bass that i have, and so far, after 15 years, they're the best string for that bass.  they bow easier than the spiros, but they will scratch if you're not careful (they've only been on one day, they may mellow out some).  the helicore orchestras that i tried once on someone's bass were much easier and gave a more mellow arco tone.  these are not strident, but they are on the bright side when bowing (but again, they are brand new).  i would think someone who was a soloist would be more interested in these strings than a section player would because they probably cut through the orchestra well.  they are not the steel string version of obligato in my opinion, but overall i do like them and they're staying on the bass. they were an improvement on the pizz sound, and i can get around my bottesini pieces on them without too much scratching. if i were to  play that particular bass arco only i would not use these strings. i think they may be a very good hybrid string for that bass, but that's because obligato's sounded like crap on that bass because it's a crappy bass.  im sure they'll sound fine on my kolstien, because every string i've ever tried on there sounded great, but the kolstien now sports kolstien perlon core strings which are a better (meaning softer and easier to bow and nicer pizz tone)  hybrid choice if you have a nice bass and the kolstien will not part with those strings.    i think these strings may be a good choice for plywoods that have a tough time sounding good, and certainly any high quality bass they would sound good on if you like the steel strings, but want a slightly brighter sound than a helicore orchestra.  by the way, eugene levenson endorses them now... ".

IP Logged